Embark Health Investor Quarterly Update
Welcome to the Embark Health Inc. Quarterly Investor Newsletter. It has been an active quarter as we continue to progress through our corporate strategy and deliverables.
We have achieved several important milestones recently that we would like to share with you. If you have any questions or would like more information on these updates, or about any of Embark’s products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at www.embarkhealthinc.com.
01 ANNOUNCEMENT + EXTRACTION FACILITY IN WOODSTOCK, ON CANADA
Land Acquisition, Financing and Construction Manager Secured for State-of-the-Art Extraction Facility
We are pleased to announce we have entered into several key partnerships related to our proposed extraction facility in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. In particular, we would like to highlight:
- Embark Health has purchased a four-acre lot in Woodstock, Ontario (the “Property”). This location will provide direct access to biomass from a cultivation operation adjacent to the Property. Embark plans to build an extraction facility on the Property.
- The Woodstock extraction facility will be a 105,500 sq. ft. state of the art, purpose-built facility from the ground up. Embark will seek GMP certification as we operationalize.
- Embark has entered into a supply agreement for approximately 60,000 kg of biomass produced at the adjacent cultivation facility, subject to receipt of all applicable licenses by the parties. Embark will also have access to processing specific cultivars that are grown in the neighbouring tissue culture cultivation operation.
- In connection with the construction of this extraction facility, the vendors of the Property have agreed to advance the first $10 million in construction costs and $600,000 in construction management fees in exchange for the issuance of a $10.6 million convertible debenture by Embark.
- Trigon Construction Management will act as construction manager for the Woodstock extraction facility project.
02 INTRODUCING HAZEL™ PREMIUM HASH STICK
Licence and Royalty Agreement between Embark and Rollies – a Premium Hash Stick Producer
Embark continues to build and expand its proprietary brand portfolio with a licensing agreement with Rollies, a successful hash stick producer in western Canada. Embark has licensed this existing brand and will be launching HAZEL™, a premium hash stick. This exciting partnership allows Embark to focus on growth through innovation in new consumer-based product development for the recreational market.
- Embark will have exclusive right to use certain licensed intellectual property in connection with the production of Hazel™ hash sticks.
- These premium hash sticks will comprise SKUs of 100% Kief or a blend of Kief and Bubble Hash.
- Hazel™ is an incredible addition to the Embark house of brands and an extension of the concentrate products Embark will produce. Embark is implementing an ecosystem to focus on the development, production and sale of high quality and high margin products including edibles, concentrates and sticks like the Hazel™ brand.
03 ANNOUNCING HEMP SEED EXTRACTION FACILITY FOR HEMP BASED FOODS
Phillipsburg, Kansas US C1-D1 Hemp Seed Extraction Facility
Embark has met a major deliverable in the initial phases of operationalizing a hemp seed extraction facility in Phillipsburg, Kansas, USA. Milestones to date include:
- An Industrial Hemp Research Licence application has been submitted to the Kansas Department of Agriculture. A CBD Processor Licence application will be submitted in Q4, 2019.
- Industrial hemp is intended to be the first phase in our roadmap for this facility. Upon legalization, CBD production is anticipated to come on stream.
- The Kansas facility is purpose-built for seed extraction.
- Embark has produced its initial R&D hemp seed batch of protein powder and oil.
- Embark’s proprietary brand of hemp seed protein powder and oil is 70% protein, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Embark’s product is ideal for large volume, commercial formulations and positioned to meet the growing consumer shift to plant-based protein sources for supplementing dietary needs.
Back to News